Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at what my husband rode into our garage tonight!!!!! MY BIKE!!! Its the one that my dad got me!!! Personal paintjob and everything!!! I am sooooo happy to have my Baby Blue back!!!

[/url]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Cool beans!!! We always had bikes growing up. You'll enjoy yours I'm sure!!!

My 76 year old dad FINALLY sold his bikes last year. *sheesh*

Now he's taken up FOUR WHEELING.

I give up.......

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband and I ride every weekend and whenevery we get a chance. You can see his bike in the picture with me in it (horrible picture of me). Dont feel bad talullah my dad has a motorcycle too and also rides four wheelers now too.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dad customized motorcycle seats as a "hobby" for YEARS. He went all over the country doing shows. That "HOBBY" put me through graduate school.

When he finally quit doing shows and just did mail orders, and sold his motor home. Then he would just TAKE OFF on random crazy trips with his buddies. This drove us nuts. We're in Alabama for Pete's sake - and he'd call out of the blue from UTAH - I'm not kidding. I had visions of someone killing him on the side of the road or having a wreck. I mean - he was in his 60's at the time!

Finally he sold his last motorcycle. His legs were getting weaker and (thank goodness) he didn't feel comfortable or safe doing the long rides.

Then comes the 4 wheelers - in his 70's. He's a member of two riding clubs and they go places a few times a month - and THAT scares me.

On top of that, he fishes EVERY DAY BUT SUNDAY. We have several lakes and a couple of nice rivers in the area so that's what he does constantly. Also from September through December he goes to LA with his fishing buddies. So there's the ALLIGATOR FACTOR....

It's like having a 76 year old teenager.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh my dad isnt that bad thank goodness!!!! The worse my dad is going parting with his friends but he has always done that so I am use to it now

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeanie said:
I love the color. (I know that is of the least importance! It's very pretty, however.)
Thanks. Acually the paint is the main reason I was so badly wanting this bike back. (story coming.....!!)

Story:

My dad bought the bike for me for christmas and hide it in his shop for 3 months before. While he was hiding it from me he took it apart all by himselft and shipped off the tank and fenders (all paint areas) to fortworth then went up there and hand picked the color for my bike. He told me when he gave it to me that he picked the color because my eyes turn that color when I am really really mad (which as a teenager I was most of the time :oops: ) so the bike matched one of my eye colors!!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
GREAT! :D The colour... wonderful! I love it!
PS: Drive carefully and wear shoes, please. :thumb

Working on vehicles is a hobby of me and my husband. It started with a Vespa. :oops:
I know what it means to hide a vehicle. :lol: We have bought a Mitsubishi Mirage for our son, which had to be repaired (the car, not my son...). It was hard for us to keep the secret. :lol:

We have no bikes... just cars.

My husband bought an old car, took it to our garage - and told me to do my "job". :lol: Now we call our car "Cher", ´cause some parts are new. :wink: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have bike boots I wear all the time!!! Acually its about time I bought new ones :twisted: and I have a helmet that I will wear when I ride.

Claiken- Motorcycles arent death traps if you use your head when you drive them, you have to be very alert and basicly have the state of mind "Everyone is out to kill me". I think everyone should have to take the riders saftey course before they can even buy a motorcycle but thats just my opinion. The kids out on rice rockets doing tricks on the highway need to see what happens when you do that and the trick goes bad. :?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys its my baby!!!

Hugh- Thanks thats an ego boost since I had no make up on and didnt do my hair either!!!!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mutzi said:
I love chrome. Why can not anyone invent self-polishing-chrome? :?

Good ride every time! :D
Yea my husband flipped out because I wanted to get it re chromed!!! My dad bought it from down by the coast and the salt water ate away the chrome in spots. He says it might be cheaper to just get new bars and such. I want to get some mini apes and a new seat first though!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts