Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we got a new kitten from the shelter a couple days ago. We kept them separated it first and garden used to their sense and sense smarSo we got a new kitten from the shelter a couple days ago. We kept them separated at first and got them used to their scents and they started pawing at out other under the door playfully. Then this morning my older cat who is only about a year and a half old ran into the room the kitten was in. Everything seems OK, but my older cat hisses at me now sometimes and won’t let me get near her. Other times she lets me pet her for a couple seconds and then will walk off. She’ll be sweet and rub on my leg or face if I’m sitting at the bar. She seems to be playing OK with the kitten so I don’t know why she hisses at me she’s never done it. Somebody please help

·
Super Moderator
27,174 Posts
It sounds like redirected aggression. It's cool that she has accepted the kitten, but she may be a little annoyed with you for paying attention to the new kitten. Sometimes when you add more cats, it does affect your relationship with the original one. It happened with me when I added a second cat, but it doesn't last forever. Just spend extra time with the first one, even if it seems she's not loving it. Play with her, give her treats, etc.

Reactions: randomnick
1 - 2 of 2 Posts