Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I guess it's only appropriate that the heat wave we've been warned about for almost two weeks has finally hit. 90 degrees IN the house. It's supposed to be hotter tomorrow - I'll probably be lying on my stomach on the cool kitchen floor with the kitties. :D

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
Yesterday was the first day here this year that it starting feeling like summer. Now it's too warm already. What happened to spring? :(

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know! Two nights ago, I was using three blankets. 8O

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
We've gone from highs of 90 to highs of 60. :? It was a bit nicer today. :)

Marie, QVC sells a room air conditioner that does not have to go into a window. I would consider something like that if I were you. I would imagine a home imiprovement store would have the same thing, and you wouldn't have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thats true, Jeanie. I've been looking into one for my upstairs bedroom. The way I understand it, they have an evaporator and still need to be vented out a window or crawl space but it's just a tube. Guy I work with bought a 15,000 BTU one off of ebay and he said it cools his whole house. Nice thing is, most of them are on wheels, too.

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ones I've found are expensive, I'm not working, and all four kids are supposed to have their yearly check-ups this month. Plus, in two days, it'll be cool again.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Spiky's heat emitter has been off for 2 weeks now, poor thing had to take 3 baths already, it is just too hot..
Last night I was up until 2:00 am, I woke up to get some water and guess what I saw? Tiger in my bathroom sink, somehow the water handle wasn't turned all the way and water was dripping on him, sad thing is he didn't mind, I feel so bad my babies have to put up with this heat. I need to get me a portable AC for now.. I can't take it anymore, I feel like a horrible mommy :roll:

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been hearing fire engines all day, giving me horrible flashbacks of last October. :( And now there are idiots setting off fire-crackers in the field by my house! :x

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Marie, I've often wondered if the fires are ever close to you when they report CA is on fire again! I think about you when I see those kind of reports on TV.

We've been kinda lucky here so far. If I keep all the windows closed, and the shades drawn, by the time the sun really heats things up it's over the woods, and the house is shaded. I keep all the ceiling fans going, and you can definately tell the coolness of the house when you walk in from outside!

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far, the fires right now are far north of here.

When it's warm, if I keep my windows open all night and close them when the twins get up, it's usually okay. I'd like to keep my front door open all night, too, it's nice and cool in the livingroom right now, but, um, I don't think so..... 8O

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I just blow my top every once in a while! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts