Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grimalkin gave me his first licks today!

I was petting him at the base of his tail and his turned his head around, and I thought maybe he was grumpy and going to nip me and to my surprise he licked me; all the way up and down my arm!

With my cat Little Missy that I had to leave back home in Cali, I had a very close bond. I rescued her from the street and she was trusting of me from day one because of that; Grim not so much. While he doesn't scratch or bite when I clean his ears or do other things he doesn't like, he certainly doesn't stay still or cooperate like she does. And its kinda awkward having a cat that you don't have a bond with. He basically feels like a foster. He likes company and he likes being petted, but he doesn't really care whether its me or someone else taking care of him.

So for him to lick me makes me feel really good. Like we are starting to form that special bond that makes him my kitty.. :love2

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Awww...that's sweet! My Muffs also doesn't show affection very well. I remember a few months after I adopted her, she was lying on the floor on her back and I went to rub her tummy. She first started trying to bite my hands. I said "gentle", and she took my hands between her paws and licked them. She still does that today. I think it's sooo sweet. I hope the bond between you and Grim continues to grow!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts