Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocco had his first trip to the vet yesterday to get all his jabs. The vet said he would be a little sleepy after and he pretty much slept all day and night. He woke me at 4 this morning as usual, but then he started to gag and before I knew it he was throwing up on my pillow. (while my head was still on it)

The vet didn't mention anything about being sick. He's never been sick before. Now all morning he's been a little off. He's running and hiding any time someone moves, and he's not being as affectionate as he usually is.

I don't know if I'm worrying for nothing, and if it's normal for them to be like this after their first vet visit. Any advice would be great.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Not normal after first vet visit, but normal after vaccinations, yes. It's much better to break the vaccinations up, rather than giving them all at once (if you choose to give them at all). It's hard on the cat's immune system and they almost always are subdued for a day or 2 afterwards.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not normal after first vet visit, but normal after vaccinations, yes. It's much better to break the vaccinations up, rather than giving them all at once (if you choose to give them at all). It's hard on the cat's immune system and they almost always are subdued for a day or 2 afterwards.
He got half his vaccinations, and is going back in three weeks to get the next lot. It might just be down to the jabs, it's just not nice seeing him like this.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would call the vet just to be on the safe side. Rocco might be having an allergic reaction to the shots. I know our vet wouldn't mind a follow up call.

Make sure you remember which shots he got. Our vet had to always give Felix some Benadryl along with his rabies shot because of his initial reaction to it when he was a kitten. After we started the Benadryl and broke up the vaccinations, he had no more problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts