Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty... I know that fish is bad. However, I'm not quite sure WHY.

Is it just the mercury? Or is it some sort of natural chemical that all fish make in their bodies (I've heard that tuna has a chemical that's particularly bad for cats, plus the mercury)

I really want to get this food. Except for the "ocean fish", it seems decent AND I can actually afford it (I try to stay under $1 can, since I need to feed 4 cans a day). Despite it says "senior", it seems like I could probably feed it to everybody. Unless there's something special about the way the vitamins are sorted, or has certain vitamins in it, etc. that's just for older cats (I am far from a cat nutrition expert, obviously! LOL)

Authority Senior canned

·
Banned
154 Posts
That's an interesting article - I wonder if it's bad, say, if I feel Mimi Wellness Chicken & Herring and Turkey and Salmon a few times a week - is this bad?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... guess I'm not getting that flavor/formula.
I need to start a list! LOL Lots of foods have fish somewhere in the 3rd or 4th ingredient. I guess it wouldn't so bad to sneak them in once a week, but if they are bad for UTI cats, I don't want Paizly having any more problems if I can help it!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Someone on the forum just recently just got some Wellness Brand for under $1.00 a can, but I'm not sure what size the cans are in ounces.
Yeah, I saw that, and got all excited....until I noticed it was the 3 oz cans. With 4 cats needing 5-6 ounces a day each (20-25 oz total), that's too much. I'm trying to stay under $75 a month for everything. Xanthe's owner gives me $50, and right now $25 of my own money is about my limit (plus I still gotta get litter and Paizly's meds)

I may just do a diet of half "junk" (9-Lives & Friskies are usually decently priced) and half of some better stuff like the other Authorities and Nutro Max.

Once work picks up, and I get more bills paid, I want to go to raw. But that my not be until next year. Sigh!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
The bit about it being addictive is clearly wrong. Tuna is Peggy's least favourite of all the different varieties we get in a pack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts