Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to convert my 4 y old cat to grain free canned food. It's been almost 4 weeks since I started the transition and followed all the advices and tricks I found online but everything in vane. I tried almost 20 types of grain free canned food but my spoiled rotten cat only likes the fish flavored ones and only shredded (he hates pate, period). At this point I reduced the dry food (acana wild prairie - 100% natural grain free) to 1/3 cup a day.
My question is: If I cannot make him eat other canned food than combo weruva fish/chicken or similar would that be that still bad compared with the dry food on the long run?

·
Registered
751 Posts
How about mixing a tiny bit of nonfish canned in with the fish stuff?

Increase the amount of nonfish over time till they are eating mostly nonfish with a tiny bit of fish.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I had the same issue with my kitty when switching to grain free/non fish food. I bought tuna flakes and put them over the non fish food and eventually this helped her to eat without resisitance. The other thing I found helpful was crushing up some of the dry food which she likes and sprinkling it over the non fish flavored food. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts