Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me say that I am NOT feeding a fish diet. There is no way I'm going to have another cat hooked on fish, and have to go back to dry to get them off (thats what I had to do to break Rochelle the first time)...it would ruin everything I've done the past few weeks.

So with that out of the way! I bought a huge salmon fillet for myself and my boyfriend. I'd like to cut a small piece off for each kitty (just a bite-sized treat) and give it to them. I'm interested in the nutritional value of the skin (does it have any for kitties?), but I'm not sure it's 100% safe with being store bought.

So question is, can I give the skin as well or should I peel that off and just give the meats? This is a chain-grocery store bought salmon.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Kristen. :) The kitties shall get the salmon skins then, and we'll see how it goes!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I agree, it should be just fine to feed.

I was given 10 lbs of wild caught alaskan salmon recently so my kitties should be getting some salmon soon too:)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks furryfriends! I'm cooking the salmon tonight, so the girls will get a small piece for breakfast tomorrow, mmmm! :D

I'm so jealous you have that much wild caught salmon coming in...salmon is my favorite fish! I hope yer kitties like it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts