Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have heard so many conflicting info on fish i think my head is going to explode. Some people feed a raw fish a week some use canned packed in water only some refuse to ever feed fish. What about high quality canned fish cat food like tiki cat or weruva? They test for mercury and all the other contaminants most people site as why not to feed fish. So i am wondering what do you guys do or what is your oppinion on fish?

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Very high in metals as well as cats often become 'addicted' to fish flavored foods and soon refuse to eat other kinds. I just find it better to avoid.

I do however give MowMow a single water packed sardine (whole) once a week to give him a shot of Omegas and he considers is a special treat.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I do not feed canned fish at all except for the kitten since I am trying to fatten him up. He gets the Weruva Marbella Paella (about 2x/week), but the adult cats get 2 raw anchovies 1x/week. For the most part, fish should be fed in very limited quantities since it is very fatty for cats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts