Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start as soon as-maybe BEFORE the snow melts! I haven't been fishing in TOO long! :wiggle

O.K. Are all the stories true about mercury and pollutants in fish?

Youngstown was a steel city, major environmental concerns, and for years the rule was: beware the fish from Lake Glacier, and don't touch catfish, they're bottom feeders. And no one would even think of fishing in the Mahoning River. Fishing from lakes ponds and streams from outside Youngstown was considered O.K.

I have to get all new gear! I use live bait, mostly...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i Haven't been for a VERY long time myself. I have a ton of fishing poles. I really need to pull it all out and take the kiddies fishing! Unfortunately the safest places here are all private Pay Lakes.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Fishing! I love fishing. Well, really I am in love with the idea of fishing. I like to go to and sit down and throw my line in the water and just have a good time. I hardly catch anything but it is fun. Trout mostly.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fishing! I love fishing. Well, really I am in love with the idea of fishing. I like to go to and sit down and throw my line in the water and just have a good time. I hardly catch anything but it is fun. Trout mostly.
That's what it's all about!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Oh I so miss fishing! I used to do it a lot when I was younger and had more time, lol! I remember going to visit my grandpa and grandma on their lake in northern Wisconsin, and just casting a line in the lake and just...relaxing. Most I'd ever catch was sunfish and a bullhead once, hehe. One of my fondest memories from being up there was of my uncle helping me filet the fish I'd caught, and then cooking them over an open fire. :)

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A buddy of mine has a fishing boat. It's been years since he's taken it out though, and it needs a lot of work! Were thinking this weekend, we can start working on her!

'I'd feel more comfortable if the captain wasn't seasick...'
-From Jaw'd the Mad magazine satire of Jaws

1 - 6 of 6 Posts