Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those of you who don't kow- i've just adopted a new kitty, kat, who is just meeting my first kitty, cujo. it's the second day they've been out in the apartment together. cujo did something really weird just now, and i don't know why. i was cleaning litter boxes. first i cleaned kat's, which is still in the bathroom (where she's been staying when we're not home). as i was cleaning cujo's, he kept trying to get in kat's box and i kept throwing him out because i was almost done cleaning his box. my bf was sweeping up where cujo's box is, and was trying to pick up the mat to shake it off. cujo freaked and didn't want him to have anything to do with the mat, he kept jumping on it and looking crazy eyed. finally we got the mat out, and he freaked and ran through the piles of spilled litter. then i finished cleaning his box, and he jumped in it and instantly started throwing litter over the side, kicked the pile around, then ran off. at this point i threw him in the bedroom and tried to burn off his crazy energy with the laser pointer, which worked.

anyway, my question is, what do you think freaked him out so bad?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, it's hard to say...my pair seem to have random fits of freakiness once or twice day - it's almost like they are expending built-up energy. He could be a little uneasy about Kat...it can be a long period of adjustment for some cats when a new member is brought into the family. Cujo could have been "acting out"...that is, he was having a little territorial moment over the litter boxes, mats, etc. With time, he'll probably relax as long as he and Kat are introduced slowly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts