Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a rule, we don't adopt out kitties who are positive for FIV or FELV. It's a good rule that I agree with 100%. But every now and again there comes along a cat who pulls at your heart strings, a cat that every shelter employee is drawn to, a cat who is so special that no one can bare to PTS.

This is Clancy.

Clancy was a stray from Portland, Maine.

Clancy is FIV positive

Clancy will not be put up for general adoption and all of our other options have run out. Clancy will have to be put to sleep if we employees can't find a home for him VERY soon.
Clancy is an adult, intact male who is full of spirit and joy. He LOVES people and being doted upon. Clancy gives back 110% of the love and affection he receives. Clancy will be neutered if we can find a home for him and transportation can be worked out.
This is a plea to save the life of a special shelter boy who did not ask to be in his current situation but makes the best of it and never fails to make us all smile.
Please contact me ASAP if you think you may be able to help Clancy.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Please don't put him to sleep because of FIV. I think that's a generally bad reason. No cat should be PTS unless he or she is in pain, or generally not 'healthy':as in moping around, and not happy.

Cats with FIV can get homes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don't WANT to put him to sleep, but unfortunately this isn't my cat. He is in a shelter in Maine, my friend works there and they are making every effort to adopt him out. If you knw ANYONE looking for a single cat, please let them know. But he doesn't have much time because shelter rules are, all FIV+ kitties get PTS. They don't have the room to house them and don't want to chance infecting the other cats. Many places have this rule and while it's sad, some people are not responsible enough to have FIV+ cats as they still let them out and it can spread or harm the cat itself. My friend wrote the post and I just copied it. But like I said, let anyone you know who is looking, see Clancy.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Maybe fostering would be a solution as well
..no being should have to go through that

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have had some-one offer to foster him. I guess that's not an option according to the shelter owner. It's lucky the owner of the shelter has bent the rules for him as it is. BUT, he has not been put down yet. I think they are now giving him until the weekend. Please, ask anyone you know if they would like him!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
When adopted (fingers crossed), due to his condition, Clancy would have to be an only kitty, is that correct ?

my heart goes with Clancy and all like him - There must be somebody near Portland, Maine "looking for him"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Clancy has been given another chance! He was sent to a shelter that takes FIV+ kitties! Yay!

·
Registered
552 Posts
YES!!

And people say that prayers are not answered? Oh yes they are! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Pardon me while I go dance a little jig.

Go Clancy, go Clancy...

Peace,
Mike (whose day was just made by reading this good news!)

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
It is wonderful news! :D Now I pray that Clancy goes to his own home, where he'll be the only one--and get all the love he deserves. But I am so grateful that his life has been saved. Anyone who sees a tuxedo cat as beautiful as Clancy would want him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts