Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beginning list of no kill shelters in the US. Esp if your going to adopt a cat. For every cat that is adopted out of a no kill shelter, it makes room for another cat to come in and be safe while its waiting for a home.

Our Members - FixUnitedStates.org

Plus resource page for those doing rescue. Full of great information.

http://www.fixunitedstates.org/resources

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
A lot of those links aren't to "no kill" shelters, they're just facebook pages for people wanting one.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I clicked on them and what came up was the no kill shelters. Members post articles, events, etc on it if that is what you mean??? Im always putting up things on my TNR groups facepage to try to make it interesting or I find stuff about TNR to share? or to see what other groups are doing so readers will feel inspired and learn something.

Maybe that should be shown here?

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
I guess I misunderstood. I clicked on No Kill San Diego and expected to find a list of no kill shelters in San Diego.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Your resource link shows the Reno HS as a 'success' with a 90% save rate. However, when I was there a month ago to get a neuter done for a friend's cat rescue, they had OVER 600 cats stockpiled, two months ago it was 'only' 500. You can't keep that many cats socialized and ready for adoption without some serious resources. What happens then?

The more you have, the less time you have to interact with them and the less likely they are to be adopted, and so they sit jailed for life. Most of the HS cats are in single or double cages. A few are in a 'community' room, but there are too many cats for the two rooms they have.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quartermutt try contact 'Ryan Clinton No Kill Advocate' on his facebook page. Hes been mentioning Reno a lot. Tell him what you saw there. Warehousing 600 cats doesnt sound good and very unfair to the cats. Id be interested in what he has to say. I can only trust the leaders in the No Kill movement until they show me they cant be trusted with correct info. I think this needs to be addressed. keep us posted. I would think theyd have cats in foster homes till a spots is avialable for them. Not stuck in cages.

Marie it did the same thing to me. I know Alana at Blind Cat Rescue has been having problems with FB page for the shelter. Looks like it is not working correctly for SD. I tried the others and they worked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts