Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a flashing or lighted collar? I often take my cats camping and would like to have them wear one of these collars when I take them out at night when they are on their harness. The ones I've found so far contain a AAA battery which I would think could be too heavy. I would like to find one that contains a watch battery. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thx!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm not sure where you can buy a flashing collar - but I would try petsmart. I'll look for one online in a minute. It might be better if you didn't take your cats with you camping - depending on what you are camping in. If it's a camper - they might be more comfortable - but if it's a tent - they might scratch through it and get away. Cats are pretty poor travelers - and if presented with an open door they might try to make a break for it - forever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the websites I had seen some of these collars before and was concerned about the battery size - AAA. It might be too heavy for one of my small cats. But I believe there is one listed that might work.

Also in regards to taking my cats camping, they stay in the travel trailer and are quite happy. They seem to enjoy the trips in the car and "camping" in the trailer. They are good boys and not destructive at all. The main thing is that they have a window to look out during the day and that they get to go outside a few times. This is a real treat for condo kitties :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts