Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We diagnosed a long time ago that my cat Panda has flea allergies. He was born sometime around April of last year in Montana (hardly any fleas there) and we brought him back as a kitten to Washington (lots of fleas here). My two other cats seem to be okay with them, except my boy Panda. He always has scabs and seems to constantly be itching and licking at himself almost raw. He can still relax and enjoy himself, it's not an emergency situation, but it's gotta be uncomfortable for him. Basically, all of my cats are outdoor cats. So I know fleas will be inevitable. But how can I take care of my boy if he's an outdoor kitty, and allergic to fleas? Is there some kind of medicine I should give him on a basis like people with allergies?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Are you using a flea treatment monthly like Frontline Plus, Advantage II, or Revolution?

If you aren't, I think you should. Frontline Plus is over the counter now. I would strongly suggest you avoid the other over the counter treatments.

My cat stays indoors so we don't use any but the dogs get Frontline Plus every or every other month depending on the season. Fleas are really bad outside here during parts of the year and not an issue other parts.

The solution really isn't to treat the allergic reaction but to rid of the fleas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts