Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 6, 6 week old kittens and they are still nursing, i know i cant put a flea collar on momma until they are weaned, how old do the kittens have to be to use that stuff on them? i have fleas and its drivin me nuts!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Often flea collars are very dangerous even for adult cats. There are other remedies you can get from your vets office that are MUCH more effective and not as risky.

Also, the kittens are waaaaay too young to be exposed to the chemicals on a flea collar. You may want to put a call into your vet or a groomer and see if they can suggest something kitten friendly that will help eliminate the fleas...but in my experience, flea collars don't really work anyway and they are dangerous.

I believe they usually have to be at least 12 weeks old before any type of chemical products CAN be used.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
If you must use them it is 12weeks.
but like addfran said they are not good at all. Until I came here I always used fleas collars, I since found out the reason one of my cats neck is bald is because of the chemicals in flea collars.

They best thing to do is go to a vet. I got flea stuff for my guys from when they were 8 weeks old (the fleas drove me nuts too) If you see a vet the will recomend you best, but what dont use hartz! I cant remember the other one, someone please comment!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts