Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Minnie had a few fleas when she was about 6 weeks old. I couldn't treat her with the topical meds because she was too young so I isolated her to the bathroom and kitchen and I bathed and combed her daily to remove any fleas. The most I found at any one time was 4 and when I checked her bedding each morning there was usually only one speck of flea dirt. At 8 weeks I used REVOLUTION and never saw another flea or speck of dirt. I beleive that my kitten picked up the flea or egg at petsmart/banfield when I brought her there for a wellness visit! And I probably wouldnt have found them unless for the reason I was bathing her in special shampoo for a spot of ringworm on her tail! Anyway, the vet insisted that I bring my 10 year old cat Snowy in for a flea check (Snowy lives in the basement and at this time she had no contact with Minnie) Snowy had no fleas but she had flea dirt!! So I had to treat both cats for 3 months. Because they are both indoor cats I figured I would not treat them after the 3 months BUT I am nervous about there being a lone flea or egg/larvea in my house and as soon as I stiop treating the cats one will jump on one of them! Minnie is going back to Banfield for her spay and I am so scared that she will bring home FLEAS OR FLEA EGGS!! Although I did not have an infestation, I powdered my carpets sprayed my furniture and vacumed everyday like a lunatic! Any opinions or advise will be appreciated... THANK YOU!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts