Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm thought of everything I know about fleas and kittens. We picked up a stray kitten (should say the girls brought home a kitten that moma was weaning that was found in the ceiling tile of their school).

Poor baby has so many fleas. The girls are bathing her once or twice a week. I have treated the others and the house, but they still FIND the kitten the worst. She about 6-7 weeks old. Anyone got an idea for something that will help her until she is old enough for the frontline or advange?

Thanks
:blackcat:kittyball

·
Registered
34 Posts
My kitten had fleas before she could be treated with a topical also. She wan't infested, just found a few on her every couple days. It made me INSANE!! I kelpt her in the bathroom without rugs and in a box with a white towel to sleep on so I could check for flea dirt. I bathed her EVERY DAY in dawn dishwasing liquid and once I soaped her up I held her in a towel for a few minutes to make sure the fleas got loose. The I put her back in the tub of warm water and rinsed her really well. (The water in the tub was up to her neck) Then I towel dried her and they would either come off in the water ot on the towel. THEN after she was dry I would comb her with a flea comb!! I had a paper towel ready with a gob of vaseline on it so I could kill the flea in it. I finally treated her with Revolution at 8 weeks old and it was over.
I feel your pain, it was horrible thinking those things are reproducing on her and sucking her blood and possibly dropping eggs in your house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts