Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brushed Dunga with comb which I bought yesterday (I was using brush before) and there was one small insect. It jump away right away. It was black, I'm not sure if it had wings or not; and it was pretty small. Was it flea? Does she have fleas? What should I do? Can they jump on Yoda too? or on me? Please, help!

I brushed her more after that but didn't find another one... I brushed Yoda too and there wasn't anything.

Thanks!

·
Registered
454 Posts
If it jumped away, likely it was a flea. Next to irritating our fur friends, and us, jumping is what fleas do best.

They can and will jump on you and Yoda. For indoor cats, once they get them it's even worse than indoor/outdoor cats. Cats that also go outside lose some of their fleas to the outdoors. Indoor cats loose all of their fleas to the indoors, where they keep multiplying and irritating the same boarders over and over.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I didn't know. What do I have to do now? Do I have to go to vet or can I just pick up something in the pet store? If yes, what is the best to buy? How long do I have to use it? Please, help me,.....I really don't know what to do!

Many thanks!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
you can get stuff from the petstore.... but by the time you have paid thier prices...... weighed your cats you mayaswell go to the vets. I would use stronghold or something of the like..... this treats both fleas and tapeworm, just to be on the safeside. If you find anymore live ones crush them between your finger nails, they are hardly little buggers and will survive a crush between your fingers.

edit you can only get stronghold from the vets aswell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts