Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard that anyone out there is feeding Flint River Ranch or any other premium food that can only be bought via the internet. I've tried all these foods and my cats love them, but they are sooo expensive when you calculate in the shipping charges. Am I the only one who doesn't use this food because of the shipping charges?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I found several that offer free shipping online when I did a yahoo shopping search. Just go to yahoo.com then click on shopping and then type in the "food" for a search.

The first 2 places I looked at will run you $40 for a 20 pound bag. I don't know if that is less if you paid for shipping or not.
http://www.frr-healthypet.com/catfoods.html -free shipping
www.frrholisticpet.com - free shipping
**The 3rd place --> http://store.yahoo.net/petfoodcafe/cat-food.html (free shipping over $9) sale price of $37.33 for a 20 pound bag and merchant rated

I'm surprised at the number of free shipping sites (I only went to those 3 sites (there were more-from what I can tell the 3rd one was the best). It must be because people can be distributors for Flint River Ranch. I would definitely go with the 3rd one if it's cheaper for you especially since it has merchant reviews. I had a bad experience with slow shipping with a merchant who wasn't rated. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I could be ruling Flint out for no good reason...but I always thought it was kind of strange that it couldn't be found in any stores and is only sold on their website.

I'm also a huge fan of consumer reviews and try most products after they have received good words from other people who have used them, since I never heard of anyone who had, I was steering clear of this product.

Now, you are saying that your cats liked it, so...maybe it should be tried so long as the ingredients are good.

The price does seem kind of steep at first, but when you think about it, other foods like Wellness for example are $17.00 for 5.14lbs.....so IF it is a good food, it works out to be cheaper even after shipping, no?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Hmm, on their website the 2nd AND 4th ingredients are both corn products. That's a LOT of corn. At least it has Chicken meal as the 1st ingredient and Lamb Meal as the 3rd, so it does have a fair amount of meat protein content, too much corn though.

Seems pretty over priced for what they are providing.

Any one else tried it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts