Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to see everyone is ok after the awful weather you've been having. News said that they reckon hurricane Ivan might be heading your way too.
Hope everyone and their furbabies are safe

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I'm not, but my grandparents live just north of Daytona and as of yesterday they still didn't have power. My mom was talking to my grandma on a cell phone and she was trying to explain where Ivan is, how strong, where it might go, etc. I feel bad. I also have an uncle down there I think like halfway between Palm Beach and Daytona... not suer where but he's fine.

I feel terrible for all the people who lost their homes. I lived in Ft. lauderdale during Andrew years and years ago and remember how thankful we all were that we were fine, but how hard it was to see the damage it caused all around us.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Hurricane Frances has just cleared Pennsylvania. It rained without stopping for two days, bringing 5 inches of rain to the area. I can only imagine what the people in Florida went through! I pray that Ivan doesn't hit them; it's a category 5!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Has anyone heard from Krista (Tierney and Teagan's mommy)? Last I heard, she was heading up to NY to escape the last hurricane... I hope her home is ok...

·
Registered
237 Posts
my parents have told me that Hurricane Frances passed thru NY as well, and like Pennsylvania, dumped a whole lot of rain on NYC... subways were flooded, but still not nearly as bad as Florida... so if Krista made her way to NY, she should be fine. just a bit wet at most, i hope.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hello... I know i havn't been around much.. Internet time is limited... Thanks for all the concern.

We are in NY, and yes padunk, we are staying until Ivan Passes... Our house is ok, for now, but we don't know what Ivan will do. We thought we got away from Frances, and then the rain hit us here, our Aunt had 2 feet of water in her basement so we had to help bail her out, and most of the city roads were closed due to flooding. Not nearly as bad as it would of been in FL though.

Teagan and Tierney are doing pretty well here.. getting used to my mom's house, Tierney does not like my Step-Father, and hisses at him every time he comes near him. Teagan is doing great, although we have a vet apt monday, i think she has another URI. I hate that i forgot my camera,.. as she is getting so much bigger, and i am missing so many cute pictures!

I will keep you updated..

K

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm glad you're okay! They're saying Ivan may hit us, but whereever it goes I hope it isn't Florida!! They've had too much damage by Charlie & Frances. :(

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Now that the Northeast has cleared up and the rain has stopped, I hope you have some time to sightsee and take pictures of New York, too. My prayers are with your family and all of those families in Florida, that Ivan does not do serious damage. Blessings!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Jeanie,

There is nothing really new to me around here, i lived here for 23 years.. it's old news!! But we are having fun visiting family..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Be safe Krista. I pray that Ivan miraculously loses all momentum and no more lives are lost. We need a miracle.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I'll be praying for everyone in the area......

Now it looks like Ivan may be headed West, into the Gulf Coast. I just spoke with my aunt Holly, they live right on the gulf in Mississippi....and are getting a bit nervous :?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
We're in the upstate of South Carolina... and people are afraid we'll get it.

I'm not so sure about that, but I know we'll at least get rain again like we do with most hurricans that go up the east coast. I hope it won't be too bad though and I really hope it slows down before it does any more damage and takes any more lives.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im supposed to vacation in jacksonville florida first week in october and im thinking im not going to have a lot of time at the beach :?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Jeanie, were you getting all that rain where you are? We have had wonderful weather, here in Indiana. I even managed to get a late season sunburn, yesterday afternoon.

A member of my congregation had talked to a cousin in Florida, via cell phone. Apparently they will not have electrical service restored until the 20th of the month!

Indeed, all of those affected by the hurricanes are in our collective and individual prayers.

Peace,
Mike

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Yes, it rained without stopping for about 36 hours. We got between 4 and 5 inches. Many areas were flooded, but I live on one of the highest points in the county, and did not have that problem. I live in the foothills of the Allegheny mountains. People near the three rivers and in the valleys had flood warnings and part of Western PA had terrible flooding, with much water damage We are expected to get the same thing from Ivan--unless it changes direction drastically. Of course, that's minor, compared to what Florida suffered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts