Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took photos of Xam Nho by the black camera, and then I borrowed the silver one to take photos of Hoa Dao or peach-blossom. Hoa Dao is a symbol for Lunar New Year not only in Hanoi but also in Vietnam.

Fade-color peach-blossom

Gorgeous ones

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hana asked me: "Are the flowers on trees?" The peach-blossom is divided into 2 kinds: big and small. The big trees are always pruned carefully and the gardeners will move the whole tree (with roots) into a big pot. Like this:

The small ones are pruned carefully too but the gardeners cut the tree (without roots) and the buyers will put the branch to vase with water. Before the buyers come, the branches are taken to the street, like this

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I love those blossoms. Over here they just have the cherry blossoms, which are still beautiful. I saw a Kwanzan cherry that is gorgeous, similar to your pics. I haven't been able to find one yet.

Happy Tet Nguyen Dan, Chuc Mung Nam Moi!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, today is the first day of Lunar New Year. Vietnamese people have just spent a nearly sleepless night with many activities such as family parties, going to flowers market, watching some special TV shows, fireworks, music concerts and going to pagoda or other religionous places to wish for a happy new year. I have no camera (in the Tet days, Vietnamese people abstain from borrowing things) so I cannot give you photos taken by me about these activities. I'll collect some...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The soldiers prepared for the New Year Eve's fireworks

And the result of their preparation, everybody enjoys it

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The altar was well-decorated to memorize our ancestor and look up to God. The traditional food for a party with every members of the family.

Update daily...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I love your pictures.
I feel like I'm learning something from all of them....
Amazing!
Keep updating, they are beautiful, and I'm enjoying hearing about the Lunar New Year.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
How fascinating. The pictures were wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us what you do and what it is all about! Happy New Year!

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
I just found this and I hope Im saying it right Tio!

I want to wish you Gong Xi Fa Cai, a happy and prosperous year of the Rooster.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To Kim (kitkat): That dish is our traditional salad from spring-onion bulbs, carot, chili and kohlrabi. They put the spring-onion bulbs in water with salt and vinegar in weeks until the bulbs become less acrid and eatable. Then, they cut carot, chili and kohlrabi in thin slices and mix them with vinegar, sugar, salt and maybe 'nuoc mam' (smelly fish sauce). Because the photo was not taken by myself, I cannot tell you exactly about this dish but I think I described right dish.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To Hana and Mitts&Tess: Thank you for your enjoying and wishes. The wish from Mitts&Tess is the one for Chinese New Year. Although we celebrate the same Lunar New Year with Chinese people but our custom is abit different. The wishes for Tet days in Vietnam are: 'Nam moi manh khoe' (wish for health), 'An khang thinh vuong' (wish for peace and prosperity) and 'Van su nhu y' (wish for all wishes come true).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts