Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ooo I love flowers. The last few years I've really gotten into gardening. Sadly my foxgloves have all flowered and died back now, but I'll get the lilies and dahalias tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I love flowers. I put in a bed in the flower yard this year :D .

Camel, you should take some of the liatrus (the purple stalks) with you. They seem to be hard to find.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there was one sunflower dont know what kind i didnt get a pic of it.
i love everyones flower pics so beautiful.

ya my bf wants to take a little sample of a few plants lol. i dont think he will and with renting we never plant anything becuse you just end up leaving it.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Plant in pots that can be transported if you have to pick up and move.

Will you still be in Elmiria with this place, or more out in the country>?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the new place is still kinda elmira its called southport but we got the contract today and it is not right so monday we got to go talk to the owner agian. i would plant in pots but we have been having problems with that like i lost my rose bush and a few other plants.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Very pretty flowers! camel24j, you have everything we have here, right down to the cedar tree! :lol: The only exception is we don't have the purple stuff (sorry, don't know what they are called). I absolutely love the color combination of purple and yellow when it comes to flowers.......and those lillies! Heavens, we have those to, and you need sunglasses the pink is so bright!

I think my all time fave flower though, has to be the black eyed susans! They just hold a very special place in my heart. A very simple flower, yet hardy, and very beautiful all in one.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is a purple flower that looks simaler to the black eye susan i dont have a pic of it but i am hoping to snatch one of them its beautiful. i have no clue the names of flowers either lol i just like the looks of them. my bf is the plant man he loves gardning and stuff.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Got some dry weather and some time to take some, we have had heavy rain and wind here so its wiped out a lot of the pettles on my dahlias.

I'll start with the lillies

In the bootom left is the flowers from one of my hostas, then that is the hybrid rhododendron and behind that with the organge flowers is a lombresha (not a clue how to spell that).

I can't remember the name of this next one, I have it in a book. I know it begins with a Z.

Here are my sunflowers growing, the first pot on the right has tiger flowers in it and the next one some dwarf dahlias.

And now the Dahlias, some of them are a bit beaten.

I've got more Dahlias coming up, but they haven't flowered yet. I can't wait to see what colour they will be.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Simply beautiful! I love the coloring in that third to last photo! Very nice photos! Everyones flowers are so beautiful, and I could look at them all day!!!!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Jeanie said:
I believe the flower you can't identify is a calla lily. The leaves are right, and so is the flower shape. It's so very pretty. I might learn to appreciate purple after all! :)
ahhh. I have a yellow one as well but the pictures were both blurry.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we bought about 500 bulbs of diferant flowers mostly lillys, tulps, and irs. but most of them died we couldnt get them planted. we still have about 8 irs left but they have not flowered in the 2 yrs we have had them. one is a black irs although it is realy a dark purple i guess. i wish they would flower.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here is a nice shot of a rose from the garden of our family home.

I'm compiling some shots of the house which is being sold following my father's death in April.

I haven't lived there for many years but all the family assembled for Christmas and other gatherings.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts