Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sad

No wonder flushable litter is forbidden in so many places !!!

"World's Best" makes the 'world's worst' nasty mess....And of course, it would have not been quite so terrible if we had figured out there was a slow toilet problem before everyone had to compound the problem once or twice over....

I got it cleared up with a plunger after way too much time (somehow I thought Hubby didn't really need to deal with this - he's had a lot on his plate lately.)

Also, if ever this happens to you (!!!!) a few cups of hot tap water in the bowl seems to have helped, too.

Fran

·
Super Moderator
26,664 Posts
I just threw out all of the World's Best litter last night. I HATE it!!!! When pee clumps crumble, other litter will absorb the smell and you can kind of mix it all in. Not with WB, my whole house smelled like pee!!!!!!!!!!

(rant over)

I would never flush even "flushable" litter. My lease even says I can't.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Tbh, I switched last week as well. I just couldn't justify spending 9.00 a week (yes, I went through an 8 lb bag of World's Best a WEEK!) when I could get 20lbs of Arm N Hammer for 7.00 and it lasts 2-3 weeks.

It doesn't smell as good (I really like the 'corn' smell of WB) and MowMow is WAY more fussy about using the boxes with the Arm N Hammer. They have to be PERFECTLY clean or he won't go in.

I tried flushing World's Best as well, but it clogged my toilet as too. I pump so much water into MowMOw that the pee clumps are too big to flush. I dump it into biodegradable dog waste bags, tie it off and throw it in the trash can.

·
Super Moderator
26,664 Posts
I bought some Brand X litter from Kmart and some Tidy Cats (orange label, faint citrus smell which I like) and mixed the two.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My toilet got clogged too once. It took half a day to get it all down eventually.... I now flush half away first then flush another half in case it happens again...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Wet it and it clumps as it's supposed to do. I only flush the solids and that works well.

Other clumping litter has to be disposed of in the garbage, but World's Best is biodegradable and good for spreading around at least some fruit bushes. Makes the gooseberry leaves a lush green. Of course, not everybody has a garden and gooseberries.

·
Super Moderator
26,664 Posts
My girls have windows and dingleberries. Does that count?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
There's flushable litter?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I flush mine, we use Cat's Best. No problems as yet, it's still draining away quickly. I'm always wary though, but it doesn't stop me. Living in a second floor flat rather a long way from the bins prevents me wanting to 'pop' down three times a day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts