Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've had my cat (medium-haired black and white cat) for about 10 years now. I bring her outside sometimes, she loves it.

I brought her out onto the patio for a couple of minutes as I got ready for work. When I had to leave, went to get her, brought her inside, turned around and closed the patio door. She tried to run back out and I caught her in the door. Not too hard, but enough to traumatize her a bit (shaky and scared for a few moments).

Ever since then, about 4-5 months ago, she's had two incidents where her head tilts and she has muscle spasms in her face. Brought her in both times it happened, as well as when I had the patio incident. At this point, the vets believe she now suffers from focal seizures (partial seizures).

My question to you all is could this be it for my baby? Is it going to get worse from now on? Is she in danger? The vet took some blood and we are hoping it isn't some sort of thyroid or muscle disease. If she is epileptic now, medication would be the way to go further down the line.

HELP, I'm freaking out. I just want the best for my babykins.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
So sorry to hear of what's happened.....I'm not a vet and haven't heard of "focal seizures" before. If she were my cat, I think I would like to get another vet's opinion, or ideally if you have a veterinary school in your area, to have your cat examined there.
Keep us updated. All the best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts