Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about mixing and gradually switching foods. This will be of similar type/quality, specifically EVO 95 to Before Grain (at least for now)

I'm doing this as suggested so that Toby doesn't become taste dependent on just one food.

If I gradually add in new food day by day, what happens when I want to go back to the first one? Does it get to the point where I can then just rotate a different type, or do I then have to gradually change back again? I'd like to get a 3-4 can rotation. It's not his taste preference that I am worried about as he'll eat anything, it's his tummy I don't want to upset

And yes, I know I need to be careful due to his current tendency to get occasional diarrhea.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
Hmm, I don't know how to help with the diarrhea.

I buy 3 different brands/flavors each month(I buy enough to last one month give or take a few days). If I had the funds I would totally buy *ALL* 9 different brands/ flavors and rotate it over longer periods. A new thing for 9 days and start back at the beginning again but.. I can't dish out that much at one time for food.

I can go about 3 months before I start back at the beginning of the rotation again (you could probably have WAY more since your not allergy restricted).

I stack the cans by brand/flavor and just make sure I don't open a new can that was the same as the last. No hardship since if the stacks aren't all the same height it drives me NUTS.

Book DID have trouble with stomach upset for the first three months I had him (stinky poos and soft stool) but now there are no problems at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts