Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cats are raw fed but because I now have other pets that eat dry cat food I have kibble in the house again and the kitties demand they get some occasionally too or they'll start devising ways to get it themselves.

Because they are indoor cats I try to keep them occupied every way I can, so if I'm going to be feeding them kibble they've got to work for it a bit.
There are special toys on the market just for food enrichment and while those are great you can also use regular cheaper toys. It gives the cats more variety too.

Last week a discount store near me sold very cheap cat toys and I got a "cheese wedge" amongst other things.
I thought there was a mouse inside to poke at but it turned out there were two balls with bells inside. My cats were not interested.
Then I put some kibble in and it kept them occupied for a long time. That was 3 euros well spent after all.

I especially love how they will gather round but all wait their turn.

·
Registered
273 Posts
well, Greenport ferals took the words right out of my mouth. too cute!

i would love to see some pics of your crew as well.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
That video was adorable and so are your cats! I bought a Peek-a-Prize toy box the other day...similar concept to the cheese wedge except it's a square box with holes. I too put some food in it (in my case, grain-free treats) and my girls spend quite some time trying to get the treats out.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Aw!! Adorable video. I should try doing that to Misa. :kittyturn I wonder if they will have that at Petco because I was going to go back there to get more food for my fish because they are very low on food again(They are pigs. lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts