Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cat that is around 3 or so years old and she just keeps meowing for no reason. I pet her and she still keeps on im just thinking that she's in heat no sure. But, also she used not to want to get into our food so bad now she gets up on the counter & gets in our lap when we're eating. Anyway to stop her?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Put her down and say "NO" when she is getting into your food. I think getting her spayed will help a great deal with the meowing though. If you're not breeding, there is no reason for you not to spay since spaying actually reduces risk of cat cancer later on in life also :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kitkat said:
Put her down and say "NO" when she is getting into your food. I think getting her spayed will help a great deal with the meowing though. If you're not breeding, there is no reason for you not to spay since spaying actually reduces risk of cat cancer later on in life also :D
K, Thanks I willl be getting her sprayed in 2 days. Also, I tell her "NO" but doesn't seem to help :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same problem with my kitties wanting to get in our laps when we're eating. It's annoying, but just keep putting kitty back on the ground and firmly saying "no" at the same time. I wouldn't say your cats name when you say no, as you don't want them associating their name with something negative. Believe me, kitty will eventually get tired of being put back on the floor. :D As for the counters, you could try putting some aluminum foil on them. My cats hate it, so if there's a spot I don't want them to go, I put the foil down for a few days and "voila", they don't go there anymore.

Oh, and definitely have her spayed if you aren't breeding. :wink:

Good luck!
Beth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts