Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as everyone knows, I switched to Felidae. I was under the impression that it was going to be more expensive because it's a really good food....however it wasn't expensive at all as far as I'm concerned! I buy the smallest bag because my kitten doesn't eat tonnes.....so the smallest bag was only $16.99 Canadian. It just didn't seem like a lot to me. Are there different kinds of Felidae? The store only had one, it's a white bag with green cat eyes on it. Is it ok for kittens? I should have asked that a LOOOOONG time ago!

·
Registered
865 Posts
$17 is too expensive for me. :oops:

$10 for a bag of Iams is fine for me, plus it more available (I can get it when I get groceries). Although I should look for better stuff out there.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Felidae is for all life stages which means it is for kittens also. With kittens, just make sure to give them as much as they want! I believe Felidae only has one type, so it should all be the same.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Felidae is very high in calories so it should last longer than some other brands too. A 5lb. bag of Felidae costs about $8 here but Im in the US.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Blah, I wanted to try it too. The food they are eating gives Psi VERY stinky poo. But I can't find it anywhere!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I would love to try this Felidae but I havent really seen it around here or maybe I just overlooked it. Plus I can't really switch b/c Sugar throws up with any other food besides the Science Diet ID/Proplan mix. I am just going to stick with what she likes now. Oh well :lol:

·
Registered
676 Posts
I pay about $29.97 (tax included) for a 20 pound bag of Felidae.

This lasts me 3 MONTHS, between 3 adult cats, and 1 ferret (whom's a little piggy)

It's either that, or I could buy $40 or $50 through out 3 months of any other lower end brands.

I think I'm saving :D

Here you can hopefully find a store near you on their official site.

http://www.canidae.com:591/canidae-retailers/search.htm

www.petfooddirect.com

also sells it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, it is actually $13.99 for a 5lb bag....I thought it was $16 but I checked last night!
The pet store I work at sells Iam's and a small bag is like $9 I believe. I just thought that because Felidae is a much better food it would have been much more expensive!

·
Banned
410 Posts
Felidae isn't sold around here, either. I had to buy it through PetFoodDirect.com. I got a little bit of a discount because it was on sale, but I ended up paying $32.68 total for a 20 pound bag (that includes $7.99 for UPS Ground shipping). Too bad that all of us didn't live close together, we could buy a big bag and let all of our cats sample it--that way we wouldn't waste money on food that they didn't like. Kittygirl still won't touch the Felidae. Kitty and Sophie are nibbling on it, but they still seem to want Natural Balance.
I get excited when they try a new food--isn't that dumb? I keep buying food that they hate, so the neighborhood cats are getting fed very well! :lol: I always feed any cats that are roaming through the area--so it's no big deal.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Kittygirl

It would be wonderful if all of us lived around the same area huh? You know I love the idea of the food pool, hehe, I bet all the cats would have a blast.

At my old apt complex, there was this big cat that came up to the screen in the patio area and made my cats hate each other for 2 whole days! I named the cat Cookie cause it looked like mixed cookie dough but I fed that cat food that Twinkie and Sugar didnt like and I bet she's wondering where we are... :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts