Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going, i am wondering if it's fine to leave out wellness core grain free dry food for a 3 month old kitten. I feed her wet food but she likes to nibble on dry food between meals, i know most people say a dry food diet is bad but if i am feeding her wet food all day, is putting down dry food bad? I feel her the best wet food by the way, wellness core/blue buffalo/Innova. Thank you appreciate the help as always, great forum.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
While dry food is not the best choice, this is what I did for my kitten but only because I'm gone all day and I didn't want him to wait 11 hours for his next meal.

Given a choice though, I'd stick with the wet only. It's better for them and it's *SO* hard to break a kibble addicted cat. That is why I finally had to stop giving kibble to Shepherd Book. He got to the point where he wouldn't eat his dinner (canned) and just begged and begged for kibble. Then he'd starve himself until morning when I'd lock him up with his canned breakfast/kibble for the day to hold him over...I'd get home from work and the kibble would be gone and the canned would be sitting there, warm and nasty. Once I finished that bag of kibble I didn't get more. I give him a half can in the morning and have an automatic feeder with an ice pack in it that pops his other half a can in the afternoon. Then he gets ANOTHER half can while I'm eating my dinner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts