Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have two cats and we rotate every day with regards to their wet food and usually we have a base of 5-7 flavors (depending on what the store has). We use Purina Pro Plan (Don't know if it's the greatest but I have heard mostly positive stuff. Basically they share a can in the morning and then another at night, two differing flavors. We also give them a dry food with the wet food on the side. One cat is slim and good very healthy, and the other is getting a little chubbier, he likes his food, so we always try to give him a little less.

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
Every meal, 5-8 flavors.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Every 2-3 days, lots and lots of flavours.

I've only got one cat and mostly buy the (economical) 13.2oz cans. She gets 1/5 can twice a day, so a can lasts 2.5 days. Though I've started stretching this to 1/6 of a can each meal, since she's at a good weight and I'm looking to stabilize it and figure out exactly how much she needs.

For flavours, generally it's the entire Wellness line (minus the pure fish flavours), Evo Cat & Kitten, Evo 95% (Turkey/Chicken, and Beef), and Weruva's Chicken and Pumpkin. I keep mentioning it, but she'll also get a can from Merrick's line now and again, because the 8-flavour variety pack's still on clearance at one of the stores here.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I feed raw and rotate proteins as much as possible, including rabbit, goat, chicken, turkey, pork, beef (veal), rarely lamb (rarely on sale), quail. I made the mistake of NOT rotating food when I fed Ritz canned food, and she became fixated on one flavor, one brand. Was the only kind she would eat.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Every can, I will say. Because I have been buying the 13 oz cans and that lasts at 2-3 meals for 2 cats. When I bought the smaller cans I rotated every meal between 5 or 6 flavors or brands, just whatever I picked up when I went to the pet food store. Now I bought 2 cases of big cans online, so I'm rotating between Wellness Turkey and Evo Beef and they're still eating both just fine. Next order I will get something different. I just buy 2 cases so I'll get free shipping for spending $50. My 2 tried to be picky at first when they were used to eating Friskies shreds in gravy and 9 Lives dry but now they eat whatever I put in front of them.

·
Registered
978 Posts
We have two cats and we rotate every day with regards to their wet food and usually we have a base of 5-7 flavors (depending on what the store has). We use Purina Pro Plan (Don't know if it's the greatest but I have heard mostly positive stuff. Basically they share a can in the morning and then another at night, two differing flavors. We also give them a dry food with the wet food on the side. One cat is slim and good very healthy, and the other is getting a little chubbier, he likes his food, so we always try to give him a little less.
Pro Plan is a bit better than what you find at the grocery store but it's no where near good. It seems to be rather expensive too considering what you get. You might want to post a topic and I'm sure we can all suggest better brands. I wouldn't be surprised if those suggestions cost less either.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
3 meals a day = 3 different flavors, and no repeats the following day. So 6 different flavors in 2 days, then I can repeat, though not necessarily in the same order. :-x

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
My kitty getting 5 small meals a day. I give different brands of wet/kibbles.

Wet - Addiction Brushtail, Addiction Venison, Addiction Unagi, Nutripe Venison, Burp Salmon
Dry - Acana Wild Prairie, Acana Pacifica, Addiction Salmon Bleu, Nutragold Finicky, Evo Herring & Salmon

I prefer to feed different brand regularly, especially different manufacturer, so whenever there is a recall of petfood, my kitty will not need to suffer the transitional period. I give different brand to the strays too. The recent Taste of the Wild recall didn't affect my feeding, cos I feed them Nutragold Finicky too, so there was no problem with stray kitties getting tummy problem when they don't get TOTW.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
When my cats finish one can, the next can will be a different flavor and brand. I have 8 varieties and my cats get them can by can in sequence. They finish a 13 oz can in about 2 days or 5.5 oz can in one day, so my rotation frequency is daily or bi-daily :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Every meal is a different flavour. Usually I will give a pate in the morning(not always) and more of a meaty textured meal in the evening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts