Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I dont have much to spend on kitten food but want them to eat better then processed foods. any suggestions on kitten food that is not quite cheap but not expensive for a bag of it? Thanks very much...

I have a 12-14 week old kitten and 10-12 week old kitten.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont want to feed them canned food as i have 2 kittens and i can't measure how much they have eatten like i can dry food.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Kittens actually can eat as much as they want because they are growing constantly.

If you are feeding dry and want a reasonable price for reasonable food try Taste of the Wild.

·
Banned
602 Posts
I feed my kitten Taste Of The Wild. It is a quality food at a good price! Make sure you get the one for All Life Stages. :smiles

·
Registered
978 Posts
Wellness has Wellness Kitten Health.

I feed my kitty another one of their formulas and it's pretty good.

You said you didn't want to feed canned for whatever reason but if you ever want to do it, you should start now. I can't get my cat to transition to canned now and I regret ever giving her dry. Canned is better for various reasons. There's a stickied topic about it here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Blue Buffalo Wilderness diet is good. High protein. Better than kitten food.

However, I would have to agree that canned is better. I feed raw-which is what I feel is best. Cats do not have a natural thirst drive. They get most of their water from their food.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Cats do not have a natural thirst drive. They get most of their water from their food.
Please, please, please all. This is why canned/moist/raw is preferred. Yes, there are many cat's that may drink, but otherwise please be aware that they must get water in their diet. Lack of water may result in increase risk of liver, kidney, or bladder problems

My cat seems to drink no water at all so I add water to his canned and it ends up pretty soupy sometimes. This may be overkill but I know he's getting his water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts