Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feed my two kittens both wet and dry. I rotate the wet with a variety of brands. When I first adopted them, they came on pro plan dry... I switched to Authority and realized that wasn't much better. So I bought 3 big bags of Blue Wilderness (they were on sale). I started mixing the two dry brands together today and they both pick out the authority. So next time they went to the food dish I took the dish away and put a small bowl of Blue wilderness out. They sniffed it and walked away. They keep looking at me for food but won't touch the new food. Do you think I should keep mixing the two or leave the new food out until they try it? I really want to switch them to this. I think they arn't touching it because it is darker and shaped different.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Have you tried to moisten slightly the dry with a little tuna or salmon juice or chicken fat? Use just enough to give a little flavor on the Blue Wilderness? You can mix the two together if you still want to use up the Authority, and gradually add some of the Blue Wilderness. Generally speaking, canned food is better than dry kibble. I'm not familiar with the Blue Wilderness brand, but a no-grain kibble without wheat, barley, corn, soy, rice is better for your kittens. Here's an excellent website on cat nutritiion and feeding, and other stuff:
Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health

1 - 2 of 2 Posts