Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a particular food that they just loved and coudln't get enough of but now just hate it??

I used to love sunflower seeds but ate too much one time and ever since then I can't even stand the site of them! :?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
There's always the obvious childhood foods, the ones that are just wrong now:
I used to love Kraft Mac & Cheese, but it's too flavorless for me now.
I've also been told I liked Spam and Spaghettios as a kid, but I swear I can't remember enjoying them, and I sure as heck wouldn't touch them now.
Koolaid has never tasted the same.

As far as just wearing out - I used to eat bologna sandwhiches a lot, but can't stand it now. And cottage cheese, too. Oh, and sour cream and onion potato chips - and cool ranch doritos.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hamburger Helper--------- when my husband & I first got married we were broke-- & all we could afford was hamburger helper,--- had it like 5-6 days a week.... I grew to like it---- but now,,, I can't stand it! Will NEVER EVER EAT IT AGAIN--- my mom tells me they make some good varieties now--- oh well-- i will have to live my life without knowing! :twisted:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ham and American cheese sandwiches. And PB&J. My mom packed that for our school lunch every day when I was in Kindergarden through 8th grade. I can eat PB&J now, but I still steer clear from ham & cheese (unless it's grilled with white American cheese).

·
Registered
722 Posts
Lasagna. I used to LOVE it as a kid. Now I absolutely must be in the mood for it or I can't stomach it. Wierdly, I love pasta. Used to hate all but lasagna but now a good raviloi with creamy sauce has me salivating!

·
Registered
505 Posts
i dunno. i was REALLY picky as a kid. i wouldn't touch anything that even contained onions, mushrooms, spinnach, or chunks of stewed tomatoes or raw tomatoes. but now i like onions, so long as they are cooked and chopped in relitively small pieces (about 1/4") i'm still not a huge fan of mushrooms, but i ate some the other night that came in this stirfry mix and they weren't bad. still don't like tomatoes though.

but there's not much that i liked as a kid and hate now. when i was a kid, i hated bolognia, american cheese.....oh! i know. i used to like to eat raw hotdogs. now i will only eat them if they're grilled. i still hate bolognia, and i still hate american cheese (i will only eat REAL cheese, that has been cultured and aged) i like PBandJ about the same as i did when i was a kid, sort of like it if i'm in the mood, but i prefer PB and honey instead.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I still eat like a kid. I love spaghgettio's, PB&J, and Bologna sandwichis.

I won't eat powdered mac n cheese anymore thoguh. I use to eat this gross polish sausage as a kid, I loved it. Now it'd make me sick.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Turkey sandwiches with ketchup. I used to eat a ton of them when I was younger. I still like turkey, I still like ketchup, but the thought of mixing them makes me sick.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fish. Until I was about 5, I used to love fish.
I would also eat raw hotdogs! Eeeew! gross.
I used to love bologna, won't touch it now.

I used to eat hambergers without the bun. Just the beef patty plain because I couldn't stand bread.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i used to LOVE LOVE LOVE KEBBLER MAGIC MIDDLES COOKIES, in the blue package.... i swear i could eat the whole package of them!!!!!
i still think about them once in a while! 8O

1 - 17 of 17 Posts