Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The days are getting shorter, there's a crispness in the air...

What do you think of the 49ers new look? I guess they're going for a darker tone. Hmm. :-?

The top story this year, for me, anyway is that my Steelers signed on MICHAEL VICK.

I can't believe it. Some Steelers fans at the shelter where I volunteer are doing a boycott. I'm thinking of sending a letter. I could e-mail them, but I've heard that an actual snail letter is less easily dismissed.

Hasn't he supposedly made a change, though? Doesn't he have pets and made some kind of donation to shelters or spay and neuter programs?

Some good news, Y.S.U. won their home opener against Robert Morris, Saturday.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
The only game in Nebraska is college football unless the fans want to follow neighboring states' Chiefs or Broncos.

The tradition-rich Huskers looked mighty dismal in their home-opener loss to BYU.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
I don't really watch football anymore; it isn't fun now that I'm not within Giants airing territory. The only way I keep up with it is through my fantasy football league. And even there, I hadn't even had time to check out my team until today. :eek: I have great WRs, but the QB situation leaves something to be desired. Ryan Tannehill. Backup is Joe Flacco, who has never been good, even as a backup QB. I don't even know why he's still playing. Someone is offering to trade me Tom Brady for Antonio Brown. I'm considering, but I'm suspicious.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tonight it's The Colts and the Jets! I'll be at work. I'll catch the highlights, though...

Did you live near Giant's Stadium?

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Yep I did. About 20 mins. away. Never went to a Giants game (impossible to get tickets), but the NJ Devils played hockey at the same complex, and I saw a few of their games. And I saw Springsteen at Giants Stadium. A Jersey girl at heart. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
And I saw Springsteen at Giants Stadium. A Jersey girl at heart. :)
I'm a huge Springsteen fan too. Even though I've been in MA/NH for over 30 years, you just can't take Jersey out of the girl. Where did you grow up? I was in North Brunswick.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Definitely can't take the Jersey out of the girl! I grew up in West Orange and Livingston, so north of you. When did you leave? I moved to Manhattan in 1988, the year after I graduated from college.

I only saw Springsteen that once (actually in the arena, not the stadium), in 1984 I think. He was supposed to do 6 or 8 shows originally, but tickets sold out ridiculously fast, so they added more dates. 10 or 11 in total. I distinctly remember my roommate sitting on the floor with Ticketmaster on redial, for 2 hours, to get those tickets. :)

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
< ---- FLemington, Hunterdon County :)

I've been gone over 10 years, but that accent still pops up when I get pissed and start ranting.

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
My father worked in Totowa, not too far from you. Moved from NJ to Mass in 1981, right after I graduated from Rutgers. Never saw Bruce while I was in NJ, he was actually at the arena for several shows starting the day after we moved. I've made up for it since...I've lost count but have definitely seen him over 20 times.

To keep on the football topic...Kurt, I've been to the old Giants Stadium a couple times for Rutgers games, but not the Giants. I saw them play Alabama and I think, Penn State.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Last nights Ravens/Browns game was flippin EPIC.

For a game that really didn't mean much for either team, man they sure brought it.

That's going to be talked about for a long time to come. Had to come to work so I caught the last 4 minutes on the radio. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
I'm not!

New England and Carolina or Arizona.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.