Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a 3-D interactive model of the new food guide pyramid for kids to play with at the health resource center I volunteer at. For some reason I can only think in 2-D. I can draw and paint but can't sculpt or build to save my life.

I want to have it so kids can pull each wedge of the pyramid out and on the sides I will have information about each food group. So basically I would need 6 different sized wedges/triangles that can be pulled out and put back into some triangular receptacle. Then a staircase up the side which I don't think would be too hard.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

http://www.mypyramid.gov/

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not sure if this is what you're thinking, and it would need some finishing touches, but:
Maybe make a TeePee shaped thing, with shelves in various places to hold in the wedges.
For the wedges themselves you could get some old couch cushions (good will?) and cut them into the proper shape and then get some fabric to cover them with.

Or
Check out your local craft store to see if they have styrofoam shapes that you could use and just cover them.
You'd still need to design the triange to fit them in.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh thanks jennifer!! I like the styrofoam idea. I think maybe I just need to walk around a crafts store and see what I find.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hey why not just keep the basic pyramid :)
Seriously that may sound dull and boring. But you could make it look like a Egyptian Pyramid.
See I do have an imagination.
(Sometimes :p)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts