Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slow and steady DOES win the race :)

No, not all cats will be best friends, but if they can at least like each other sometimes, you will eventually get this:

I have had Azalia for almost a year, Egypt for 5 months, and Lacey since the end of October and this is the first time all 3 cats have cuddled up this way. In fact this is the first time Azalia and Egypt have slept together in such close proximity. I think having 6 month old Lacey around is bringing them closer together by bringing out their motherly instincts.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Awww...when you see them all snuggled up together like that, it makes everything you've done seem so worthwhile. I still remember the lump that arose in my throat the first time I saw my girls cuddling together and grooming each other.

·
Registered
520 Posts
That is just SOOO nice!

I still doubt I will ever get to that stage. With my four, I have seen the three guys--Hershey, Little Hersh and Blizzy--cuddle together, but they've never had a problem with each other. Snowby, Hersh and Little Hersh also have cuddled together, usually on top of me. But nada with Snowby and Blizzy together. Blizzy still goes after Snowby once or twice a day, though they have peaceful coexistence the rest of the time. I'll settle for that, at this point!

Here's the three guys together:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
We got our female calico last year when she was just 6 weeks old, she has a werid temper, she doesn't want to be held or messed with .. bottom line! So I was a bit nervous about getting another kitten, but after 3 months now, the two of them are doing well. They haven't gotten to the "snuggle" point just yet but Paisley (female calico) is starting to calm down a bit and we catch her cleaning Oliver (the new kitten) at times... so they are working on building a relationship, just going to take some time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
my cats and I have been here for 5 months, my cats hate her cats, her cats HATE my cats... just today, I saw my Tigger dart up to my sisters Savannah, she cowered and hised. he inda bounced back into a defensive staring posture, Savannah kinda looked around, steatched over, touched his nose, HEAD BUTTED HIM then turned and scurried off... progress :) then later I heard them hissing and chasing again... oh well

I think given time, most kitties will come around, those that fight the worst have the strongest bonds in the end I have found (other than a mom and kit of course though)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That's precious! I got off easy it seems! 5 month old Pumpkin was eager for a playmate, and Simone had no experience with people when I brought him home for Pumpkin. He would run and cry to Pumpkin from the very beginning because he was scared of me!! lol- I had a hard time trying to keep them separate until he was fiv/felv tested, and they became instant snuggle bugs :)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you might be right...

kwarendorf. She has had a positive effect on Egypt in particular. Azalia was always gentle and quite mellow, but seeing Egypt as a surrogate mommy just cracks me up.

It's hard to resist those pleading blue eyes ;)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JanRebecca...

they should. Just give it time and patience with both of them to get used to you and each other. Egypt and Azalia took to Lacey right away (2 weeks time), but they still have their issues (there are daily skirmishes) and they have been living together for 5 months now....it should all be fine just don't rush it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts