Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8O It' only been about three days. But having no experience with this I have no idea what to expect.

·
Registered
76 Posts
fix them..........

The best thing to do is have the cat fixed because this will go on all the time during the time she is in heat. If you can't afford to have them fixed call 1800spayusa and they will give you a coupon for a very low cost spay!! Thank you.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Mi Mi was meowing like that for about a week....after her meowing stoped I took her in to have her spayed. Turns out she was still in heat.
So the surgery was an additional $20.

·
Registered
672 Posts
BoscosMum said:
Mi Mi was meowing like that for about a week....after her meowing stoped I took her in to have her spayed. Turns out she was still in heat.
So the surgery was an additional $20.
How can they tell? Do they check something physically on her????

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Precious was coming in season for two weeks at a time, and we were isolating first one cat, then the other. I did not want her to have a litter at that time, but was going to continue to breed Siamese. However, this kept up, non-stop. We sent her to the vet, and discovered that she had an infection. She was still in heat! I knew that she was coming in heat far too often, but did not expect that. We had her spayed. There is swelling when the female is in season. I think this might be comparable with the lining of the human womb getting prepared for pregnancy.

Before this time, she would remain in heat about 10 days, but I didn't take chances. I kept her or him isolated for two weeks. As I said, we took turns allowing them out of their individual rooms for love and attention.

If you're not a breeder, it's best to spay a female at about 6 months. They become very nervous, and don't understand why, so they demand constant attention and petting. And the yowling can get hard to listen too. However, she is going through more misery than we are! :(

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Apparently when they open them up for the surgery...when they are in heat, there is more swelling of all the blood vessels and the reporductive organs. It is nothing to worry about...but it does take them more time to control the extra bleeding during the operation.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Im glad you asked this question cause our Skittles is just now going into heat for the first time and we didnt know what to expect either...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts