Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there are quite a few artists on CF.......photographers, painters, people who draw, and make jewelry, even wood working too! Anything crafty, and artzy. Whether it's a hobby, or a career, feel free to share samples of what you do in this thread.

Can't wait to see everyones creativity!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Something that I enjoy doing, I'm not the one in the center of the orb. It is not a hobby, but I love making light orbs. I think I was the one that took the picture, my sister lit the steel wool, and my dad was the one spinning it.

Here are some of my more recent cat pictures:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I majored in Illustration in college, with an emphasis in Digital Illustration. I do most of my work these days in Photoshop, Flash, and Corel Painter, although I still do most of my sketching with plain old paper and pencil.
Currently I work as the art lead for a social gaming company. Art's been my primary hobby basically my entire life.

My absolute favorite things to draw are cartoon animals (dogs, wolves, foxes, lions, cats, etc.) and my work's pretty heavily influenced by the Disney and Don Bluth films I grew up watching.

Here are some of my own characters (ballpoint pen on cardstock with digital colors done in Photoshop and Painter):

Some Lion King style fanart. I was obsessed with this movie when I was younger (Done in Flash with background in Photoshop):

And some more painterly/realistic stuff from my college years (Done in Corel Painter):

·
Registered
426 Posts
Image Heavy :)

Flowers and Photography...

Sorry some of the pics are sideways, couldn't figure it out...

I just took my sisters senior portraits now I am booked with all her friends :)

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are awesome everybody! Let's keep this going! More....More!!

Congrats on the senior bookings RowdyAndMalley! How long have you been doing photography? What kind of camera are you shooting with?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Congrats on the senior bookings RowdyAndMalley! How long have you been doing photography? What kind of camera are you shooting with?
Thanks! I took photography in high school and loved it. My first camera was a Minolta SLR. I shoot with a Nikon D40 with an AF55-200mm VR lens. I'm still learning, but have always had an "eye" for photo's, or so my Mom says. I love your shots and wish I lived somewhere I could take shots like that. But alas I live in the middle of a big city.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL! I was guessing it was Nikon. I don't know why, but I can always tell a Canon photo from a Nikon photo.

It's funny you say you wished you lived somewhere else, because I always get frustrated around here. It's either open fields, woods, or corn fields! LOL! I sometimes wish I had the variety of the city. Lots of parks, open shade from cool buildings. Nope.........corn! LOL!

I have alot to learn too. It's so much more than just putting the camera on auto, and snapping the shutter. It's a long learning process.

·
Banned
952 Posts
I love photography and, like some previous posters, I've often been my family's photographer. You've all seen many of my kitty photos, here are some non-feline shots:

As you can tell, I'm all about the nature thing. :)

AC

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Awesome thread!!

@ Furryfriends- I've never seen a light orb before; that's really neat. I'm in love with the 2nd cat photo you posted :)

@Rowdy&Malley- you need to post some of your gorgeous flower arrangements!!:)

@AC- love the squirrely!

@Saitenyo- I'm jealous of your computer art skills; I can draw but I've never been very good at doing on the computer!

Graphite self-portrait:

Ink & Watercolor (mostly) of my sister:

Soap resist:

Oil Pastels:

Jewelry:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Those are wonderful- how long have you been taking photos? I especially like your first horse picture and the flower/butterfly picture!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG, Hugh, I am so jealous of your talent! That is amazing! :p Don't you have some pictures of you playing in a symphony too? That qualifies as an art or craft.

swimkris.........those little bikini people are hilarious!!!! Oh my! :p Those cookies look so yummy!!! So cute!

I started to take photography a bit more serious late spring 2009, and have slowly been learning. I'm trying to learn the technical part of it as best I can, but theres a pretty big learning curve, it just takes time. At least for me anyway, and the way I learn. People think you just snap the camera, and it magically takes pretty pictures, but it doesn't work that way, unless you just shoot on auto. There's so much more to it! I go through phases where I get really frustrated, and then I have to walk away from it for a bit, then come back at it again.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
swimkris.........those little bikini people are hilarious!!!! Oh my! :p Those cookies look so yummy!!! So cute!
I just like that my flatmate spent about 30 min creating a beach scene for the swimsuit cookies!

That's great that you've learned so fast! Someday I would like to get a good camera and learn how to take some decent photos. I have a couple of friends that work in the photography industry, so I tend to just bug them when I need a really nice photo. I could probably get one of them to teach me. I think I will always be more of a crafting person though.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts