Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a question. Does anyone have given frozen Mice or pinkies to their cats? Yesterday My sisters and I went to Petsmart to get some more canned food for Misa and we saw frozen mice. My sister said, "Oooooh! I should give this to my cats." The pinkies were $11 at petsmart. So we went to my sisters place to se my nephews( man they feel so light while I was holding one of them) and they ate the pinkies with their chicken.

I think I should give Misa pinkies as a start off when I start converting her to a raw meat diet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The pinkies were $11 at petsmart.
$11! For how many pinkies, may I ask? These can be had for 16¢ each in quantities of 100. Rat pinkies for 24¢. Chicks for 25¢. Quail for 39¢. Shipping is extra unless there is a breeder nearby. Any stock you buy this way is bound to be much fresher than Petsmart inventory. $11 - really? Google will provide you with many names in this business.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know. When I saw $11, I was kind of in shock. I would rather get "raw meat" for a cheaper price than $11..

·
Registered
805 Posts
You can get a Whole Rat for $5... You might as well just chop it up and feed them that instead if you want to give fresh meat...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I could not deal with the raw mice. The cats would not eat them without me slitting them open and letting them bleed for a bit. I have an aversion towards rodents to begin with so I just can't keep slicing mice open for them to get them to eat them. They will just have to do without.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
I think this is a reason why I could never do raw properly with a whole animal body involved... I feel like losing my dinner reading this... I had mice growing up, hundreds of them; the babies were always so small and helpless, you could even see the mother's milk inside them. The idea of cutting one up and giving it to my cat just grosses me out beyond belief...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts