Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the 2011 kidding season has started at Faithful Crown Dairy Goats!
My only doe due this month kidded 1-18 with a single doeling. It was a rough delivery with the kid being stuck for a good 10-15mins. We thought we lost her but thankfully the dam was able to get her out after she had gotten up and moved around. The dam is doing ok, she's tired and very sore but other then that she's ok. The kid was tired/sore also but has a great appetite and seems to be doing quite well.

Of course I know making a thread with out sharing photos would be a horrible horrible horrible thing to do...so here's the sweet baby girl....
Ziva. (Yes for you NCIS fans, she's named after Ziva on there. I also have a 2010 kid named after Abby!)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Sooo cute and since I'm a huge NCIS fan - I love the names. Is Abby a black goat? Since Abby loves wearing her black clothes -ha!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I love her nose to. haha :D She's just so cute and cuddly.

Sooo cute and since I'm a huge NCIS fan - I love the names. Is Abby a black goat? Since Abby loves wearing her black clothes -ha!
No, she's not black. Here's a picture of Abby.

I am planning on retaining a buck kid in 2012 so I'll have someone to name Gibbs. LOL :D

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Adooorable!!!---love the long floppy ears! What breed of goat is it?

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I had never met goats until college and now I LOVE them. The boarding stable that my horse lived @ (and I worked [email protected]) had dozens of goats.

My favorite was a white goat named Stevey. He was completely blind. They hung a bell on his mother's collar and he learned to follow her around the pasture and when he was about 6 his mother died and they put it on an old nanny that he got along with. He was such a cool goat.

He *LOVED* to play. He couldn't butt heads with the other goats (he'd miss) and he couldn't really jump around and buck because he'd run into stuff so I taught him that if I clapped my hands he'd walk towards me (he had this cute stiff legged careful walk) I'd brace my hands against his horn buds and push and he'd push back. Soon when I'd get to the pasture gate and call "Where's my butt buddy!" (yeah, I know) he'd shake his head and start walked towards my voice and wagging his tail like crazy. Really soon when he'd hear my voice he'd start bleating like crazy until I at least came to say hi.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More photos!

Ziva:

This is the new girl. I just brought her home today, she was born this morning.

This is Sage. She's being dam raised right now but she's also my goat...she's one that I'm getting in March when she's weaned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts