Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam endured 1.5 hours in a car, a 2 hour wait at the airport, a 2 hour flight, a 2 hour layover, another 2 hour flight and a 40 minute car ride to arrive at her new home. She remained quiet and did not soil her carrier the entire time. The flight attendants on the final Delta flight were sufficiently charmed by her that I was awarded free drinks. Here she is with her family and on her new (for her) cat tree.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The back story: Army officer son stationed at Fort Polk comes home to his base housing one evening to find the mother cat at his door. Mom cat had been hanging around the housing for a while, being tormented by the local kids. She moved in. She had a collar, was chipped, no id, chip company contacted, no follow up with listed owners. (texas address, Ft Polk is in Louisiana) I advised my son to get her to a vet, he waited and was blessed with 4 kittens as seen in the image above. Mom cat was infested with fleas which in turn infested the apt. My wife and I traveled from NJ to assist with another issue and also assist with the kittens and the flea infestation. Several weeks later we have the four 3 month old kittens, one of which returned home with me. The others are up for adoption but so far the potential adopters have all dropped out for various reasons. I expect with his next deployment Mom cat and at least one additional kitten will land in NJ for a bit.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Alright! Yes, I remember that story. Your son is a good egg. Kind. We need more people like that. :) Glad you got your kitten home safely.

·
Registered
346 Posts
What beautiful kitties, and what a great story about your son. Do I see a grey mama cat, 3 pointed kittens, and an orange kitten? What a combination!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm glad I don't live in Louisiana or I would ask to adopt one of those kitties based on that story alone!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mom cat has a single light tan strip on her nose with speckles of orange. I have no idea how she gave birth to the combo of kittens she did. During my time there I never did see any other strays or free roaming cats wandering about but there were a lot of woods behind the housing. We suspect wild genetics or two males. Either way, they are all safe and healthy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts