Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lady being evicted and moving in with boyfriend who will only let her keep two of her 8 cats. *sigh*

I caught 4 of them tonight. 5 & 6 (both males) will hopefully get rounded up in the next day or two. The two they're keeping are also males, so at least I was able to get all the females and no one will be getting pregnant in the mean time. :)

These guys are getting fixed next week some time (I'm giving it a few days and hoping I can catch the last two and therefore take all 6 in at once).

I've currently got two solid blacks and two gray/brown tabbies. Pictures to follow. The tabby girls are very friendly considering they've only been here two hours.

I need name suggestions. :) They came with names, but I can't remember who is who and I think they need to make a fresh start. Also, I'm not going to do a letter theme for this batch, since they aren't all babies.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Good luck with the names & can't wait to hear what they are and see pictures, I'm sure they're adorable! Good luck with them! Are they afraid? or feral? I'm asking this because you use the term "catch" I hope you can save them all. :| I can't imagine anyone even thinking they could tell me I could only keep 2 of my cats. I'd kick some butt. I love all of my babies & theres no way I could choose between them, and even more so, theres no way I'd ever let go of any one of them.

·
Registered
836 Posts
It's really wonderful that you're taking care of these kitties, despite their owners' lousy and blase attitude towards cat ownership. Cat rescue can be pretty thankless work sometimes, so, thank you, on behalf of all of us who care more about other peoples' pets than the people who own them do! :roll: I'm looking forward to photos!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I know you already have a Lotus Blossom...but "Lotu" is still available for one of your new ones :) I 2nd the CF usernames!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got pictures uploaded. These are from the first night so the two boys (black ones) were still hiding from me. The two tabby girls are very friendly though, from day one. :)

This is the friendlier of the two boys, who has since decided I'm not half bad. :)

And this is the shy guy:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They originally told me "6 cats and two kittens" and obviously everyone is relatively adult sized, but I think these two little black ones might be the "kittens." The friendlier one can't walk more than a foot now without flopping over and rolling on his back. I actually am starting to wonder if he doesn't have something neurological going on, but we'll see. He's been here less than a week, so I'll just keep an eye on him for now. I'm hoping to collect the other two today. Fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I understood the former owner correctly, the lighter of the two tabbies (the one in the picture you're talking about, jakie poo) is the mother of all of them. This lady had one cat several years ago and now she has eight. One simple surgery would have prevented that whole problem. *sigh* Not that I don't appreciate the lovely kitties currently hanging out in my garage, but there wouldn't be a "need" to help rehome six scared, homeless kitties if mom had just been snipped originally.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Names!! I decided on a Christmas/holiday theme. :)

Lighter tabby: Noel
Darker Tabby: Merry
Smaller black one (kitten, I think. Maybe 8-10 months old): Jingles
Larger shy black one: Snowdrop

No luck yet catching the other one(s). Hopefully soon. The girls are going up tomorrow to be snipped. The boys have an appointment on January 8th (they couldn't get everyone in all at once and I didn't want to wait on the girls in case they're already pregnant). Once they're healed from their surgeries, they'll be looking for their new homes. :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I like ironic names. :) I had a 150 lb dog growing up (shepherd/rottweiler mix) named Koinu which translates as "small dog."

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We caught the last one! So I now have a new little boy who needs a holiday/xmas/winter themed name. He's solid black and pretty shy. His eyes are orange. He and Snowdrop and Jingles are getting snipped on the 8th, so we caught him just in time. :)

He's super unhappy about his relocation, but hopefully he'll soon realize it's all for the better.

Merry is finally healing up from her surgery and Noel is actively seeking a home.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Festive names? Unhappy little black kitty? hmmm.... how about Coal (after "you are going to get coal in your stocking!)

Bless you for taking these babies in and taking care of them...

1 - 20 of 88 Posts