Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up our newest foster mum yesterday. The poor girl had a busy weekend; intake and vet check on Saturday, and moving to my foster room on Sunday.

Bitsey is youngish, I think, amazingly sweet, VERY chatty, and was full to bursting with kittens. She's finishing up having them right now - I was distracting her, so I left her to it. There's 6 or 7 at the moment, hard to count without disturbing her!

I'll have pics later today :) I love having kittens in the house!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some photos of the happy family :)

Black and white male

Black male and female - I know it's fussy, but the male (top) has a funny coat. Maybe fever coat, maybe actually another color. We'll see as he grows :) His little sister wasn't cooperating for a comparison shot, she's the lower kitten.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me too :)

My boys have been sitting vigil outside the door, very curious but quiet and polite too. I don't think Bitsy care at all, she's too busy feeding those babies.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luckily the kittens all have different enough patterns that it's pretty easy! No twins! lol

Kitten List:

Black male (fever coat?)
Black male
Black and white male
Gray and white male
Black female
Tabby female
Tabby female (white back legs)
Tabby female (white front legs)

I need help picking names for them, I want all 'B' names...but it'll be tough to pick them. I have about a week or so before the rescue needs to know, so I've gotta get on it!

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Baby Spice
Bad Bad Leroy Brown
Brandi
Bailey
Bogart
BamBam
Bella
Batman

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol! I'll have to wait and see who's naughtiest - they'll be Bad Bad Leroy brown! XD

One of the black males will be named after a cat client of mine I saw for 6 years - he passed away last month.

My Mom thinks one of the black boys should be Bagheera!

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Or you could name them after musical groups/artists with B names

Bowie
Branigan
Bret
Bon Jovi
Bobby
Booker T.
Bananarama (okay, probably not that one)
Bangles
Brooks
Buffett
Bruno
Barbra
Bette
Billy (Joe, Ray, Idol)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just read about fever coat, I'd never heard of it before. For names, if you are going with musicians, don't forget Bing, Barry, and Biggie :) Seriously, i do like Bowie (mainly because I'm a huge Bowie fan). I couldn't figure out the name for my recent kitty addition (her name was Emily) until I was finishing an art project devoted to David Bowie. I looked at her and realized "Your name is Ziggy" and it really is.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With our cats I prefer to wait until I get to know them a bit, and then something pops out. But with foster kittens I'm less worried about it as 95% of forever homes will rename their kitten anyways so I can call them whatever I like, lol.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Or you could name them after musical groups/artists with B names

Bowie
Branigan
Bret
Bon Jovi
Bobby
Booker T.
Bananarama (okay, probably not that one)
Bangles
Brooks
Buffett
Bruno
Barbra
Bette
Billy (Joe, Ray, Idol)

Benatar
B.B.
Bryan
Brian
Bob, mon!

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
SQUEEE! I love baby pictures!! Yay!! It will be several weeks before I can foster again and I"m already looking forward to my baby fix! I don't care how old they are, I just need kittens again!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SQUEEE! I love baby pictures!! Yay!! It will be several weeks before I can foster again and I"m already looking forward to my baby fix! I don't care how old they are, I just need kittens again!
I had kitten fever BAD before they came! My SO was sneaky and called one of my friends to get me out of the house the day they were born - he knew I'd want to just sit there and pester them, but Momma Bitsy needed space with her kittens. It was either that or I'd sit upstairs tapping my toes and trying not to go cuddle them, lol.

Now I've got an excuse to cuddle them - I'm supplement feeding KMR twice a day. Plus with them just a few days older it's not as big of a deal for me to be leaving them be. Well, other than the fact that Bitsy is so desperate for attention that she stops feeding them until I leave the room! Silly girl.

Turns out she likes head kisses, just like Doran does :) She'll be so easy to find a home for once the babies are weaned, she's a complete sweety.

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
Why supplement feeding? Is it because the litter is so large? I wish I was there to help!!! My momma was such a sweet girl too. She would spread her toes really wide and make exagerated kneading motions when she wanted loving form me. I loved her! She found a great home with a former adopter from our shelter and is so happy now with her new fur sister and family.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, just to help her out. I was a bit concerned about the two smallest kittens, but they've started packing on weight too. I might be able to get away with not feeding now, but I'm going day by day.

Have you found mum's can handle so many little mouths?

In other news - I don't know if I'm just catching them at the wrong times or if Bitsy isn't grooming them as much as she should, but a few kittens have been full to bursting with urine the last few weighings! I've helped them out, but I'm not as experienced with getting them to poop and they might need my help. I'm off to YouTube for a lesson in pooping, lol.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts