Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a question. Actually my brother and his fiance asked me to post this. Their 3 year old cat tends to be very crazy when getting her nails clipped for example. They have to wrap her in a blanket to calm her down and then clip her nails. They said that they have noticed some kind of foul odor each time they clip her nails. It's happened more than once and they are wondering what it is from. Perhaps she omits gas when she is nervous :oops: poor thing! Or do cats omit an odor when in stress or to protect themselves? If anyone has any idea... let me know! :) Thanks!

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
It could be the release of gas or it could also be anal gland discharge. Some cats squirt a little fluid out when they are in very stressful situations. The odor is VERY powerful. Is their any way that nail clipping could be incorporated into daily petting (a nail or two at a time) in order to make it less stressful? Poor kitty, I know they must hate having to do this to her.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Probably gas, but when I read this, the first thing I thought about was a skunk, letting out the stink........ :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts