Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a cat in the parking lot of my apartment just before I went to work this morning. A beautiful white/light gray cat with a blue collar. I tried to come up to her, but every time I got about 5 feet away, she would back off. I had seen a notice in my apartment complex mail room a couple weeks ago saying that someone had found a white cat with a blue collar. Unfortunately I went to the mail room today and the sign was already gone. :(
I just don't know what to do about this kitty to help her. I feel like it is someone's pet since she (he?) has a collar. I put an ad in the paper (free for 3 days) and put up some signs in the area tonight. Also set out some food where I saw her this morning and will check tomorrow to see if I can find her again. I have no way of trapping her or anything and I feel like she probably won't come up to me. Is there anything else I can do?! I just feel so bad for this cat. :( I felt even worse after I went and looked at the animal shelter's photos of all the cats they have...it's just depressing that all those kitties are missing or don't have homes. Anyone else's heart ache from caring so much?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes my heart does ache about this. I'm sure everyone here feels the same way. It is so sad and I try not to think about it.

Have to tried to befriend this cat with a treat, maybe a spoonful of moist food? Sadly, many people move and leave their cat behind. Such could be the case with this cat. Or perhaps he/she had wandered far away from home and is lost. Sadly a shelter is almost surely a death sentence for the poor kitty. :cry:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts