Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! :) My friend found this cat around his house and is letting me have her. She's obviously pretty young but I was wondering if any of you folks would mind telling me what age she might be? I'll be taking her to the vet soon to get shots and to get fixed in the near future.

Here she is:

Thanks for looking! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would say she's probably about 3-4 months old. I would take her to your vet and have her checked over. They'll be able to give you a better idea on what her age is. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replying guys. I figured she couldn't be older than 5 months, but I thought I'd ask because it's been years since I've had a cat. Oh and don't worry, I'm definitely taking her to the vet early next week. :)

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Jack&Harley said:
She looks about right in line with my kitten who was 13 weeks old on Monday.
That's what I was going to say as well. Like you, I have 4 kittens that turned 13 weeks old this time last week. So based on the size of her head and ears in relation to the rest of her body, 13 weeks ±3 weeks. But then, I raised mine by hand from about 1-2 days of age when they were apparently orphaned, bottle fed them, and then have had them on Iams kitten food (both dry and canned) since weaning. So mine are pretty good size. But here is one of the litter at 13 weeks of age.

And that is a Compaq CQ60 widescreen laptop for a size comparison. Nicegoing, is this close to the size of your kitten?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Donaldjr1969 said:
Jack&Harley said:
She looks about right in line with my kitten who was 13 weeks old on Monday.
That's what I was going to say as well. Like you, I have 4 kittens that turned 13 weeks old this time last week. So based on the size of her head and ears in relation to the rest of her body, 13 weeks ±3 weeks. But then, I raised mine by hand from about 1-2 days of age when they were apparently orphaned, bottle fed them, and then have had them on Iams kitten food (both dry and canned) since weaning. So mine are pretty good size. But here is one of the litter at 13 weeks of age.

And that is a Compaq CQ60 widescreen laptop for a size comparison. Nicegoing, is this close to the size of your kitten?
Wow, my kitten looks very similar to yours. But I think mine is a little bit smaller. Not by much, though.

And thanks, Leazie, her name is Yoko. :)

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
I foster a lot of cats/kittens and I was going to say she looked about 3-5mo, and more like 4-5mo. It is a little difficult without something next to her for size reference, but everyone's comments about head/ear size seems to fall into line with the age spread I was thinking of.
She looks darling. :luv

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had found a cat too. She is posted below,we took her to the vet and she was around age 2 and now she is almost 4 her bday is September 6th, all thanks to the vet I know these things :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts