Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to my car this morning and there was this cute little kitty by it. He actually tried to jump in my car. He was very friendly but sooo skinny. This afternoon, when I came home from work, I saw him lounging under a different car in the parking lot. I spoke to him and he then followed me up the stairs (3rd floor) to my apartment. He tried to walk in (I again said no). It took a bit of convincing for my husband to let me feed him. He's afraid the cat will be worse off if we feed him. But anyway, he consented, I fed the cat some dry food. We saw that he is an unneutered male.
I wish I had gotten a picture. His bottom half is all white, while his top half is kind a classic tabby pattern of brown and grey. This poor cat is just so skinny though..his waist is sunken in. He is the friendliest thing though, he will cuddle up to you and is such a sweetheart. I really want to find him a home. I know my husband won't let me take him into the apartment and I don't really blame him. We already have 2 cats in a 1 bedroom apartment. But what can I do? I called some no-kill shelters and everyone is full. I refuse to take him to the pound because they kill so many animals. But on the other hand, we'll be leaving here in September, so whatever I do, I can't drag my feet on it.
Of course I say all this and I don't even know if I will see him again. But I am assuming I will since I fed him? I stepped back inside while he was eating and when I came back out he was gone. But he's so friendly and skinny that I feel like he'll be back.
What should I do? Put out signs and/or put an ad in the newspaper? I don't know if anyone will take him considering that he is not neutered and could have fleas/diseases. My parents might take him since they have other outdoor cats....I guess that could be a last resort.
Somebody please give me some ideas...I just don't want this sweet boy to fall through the cracks. :(

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Cheap or free neutering clinics in your area for stray kitties? That is where I would start. ALso, maybe you could try posting about him in the animals in need forum?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is some reduced price neutering, but there is a 6 week wait on it (backlog). Also for the recovery he would need to be kept inside.
Thanks for the reminder about the Cats In Need section. I will try posting there as soon as I get a photo of him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts