Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just recently found a cat i believe to be a stray, it has no collar, and the poor thing has no tail, just a stub. I have a dog and a cat, my dog is very friendly, she only barks if you hold here ball in front of her and dont throw it, and only once has she ever barked at a cat. My cat on the other hand is wierd, when i brung a bird into the household, my cat was afraid of it, yet when it see's another cat it gives a low growling sound. The stray seemed very friendly when i found it, it just liked bieng petted and having attention. So i tried to introduce the stray cat to my dog, and the cat moaned, and the attacked my dog, and my cat (nearby) joined in and attacked the stray cat. What i am trying to figure out is how to get my cat and dog to get along with the stray cat. Also, i have never had 2 cats at the same time, do cats usually share a litterbox? i gave the stray food and water and it still meows pretty loud like it wants/needs something, if it does, what could it be?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are some great resources out there about cat behavior. You might want to check them out. Cats are a bit odd compared to dogs about new animals in the house (or being introduced to a household of animals). And kriskd is right, cats transfer anger or something like that. They see an animal outside - want to confront (because the world is theirs, don't you know that? :wink: :lol: ) the other, so they will transfer that energy to any available source; be it animal, human, or..... wall :( . I read about that somewhere. Its nice to be more in tune to whats going with them. We get along much better now :D . Give the stray her own litter box - using another cat's can be disorienting for some cats being introduced into the house. My cat Loki will not use Kia's litter. Kia has used Loki's however (and Kia was introduced). Some cats are picky like that. Plus - the cleaning is easier because there's less pile in one place IMO. How kind to take her in (or he, sorry). I hope you already have taken her to the vet. Good luck. I know that when I get a bigger place I will be like my aunt Charlotte. She has 3 or 4 cats inside, 3 dogs inside, a couple of dogs outside, and 4 or more outside cats. She is the sweetest person on this planet IMO, she also adopted her first three children before she was blessed with a child of her own in her forties. I aspire to purchase a ranch to be a safehaven for all animals, hopefully with some forestry for preservation as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts