Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My name is Ashley, and I'm a Master's student in Biology in Eastern Tennessee.

My boyfriend and I have four cats between the two of us, and all were transitioned to a raw (home-made) diet. I also foster kittens for a local no-kill animal shelter, and always immediately transition them to raw as well. I'm an advocate for raw feeding, and I would like to be a part of an open minded community where I can share what I've learned and get advice from others as well.

I would love to be able to connect here with other people who have a background in academia, and ideally anyone who knows of any good (this does not mean 'agrees with my personal sensibilities') articles that are published in peer-reviewed journals about raw-feeding.

Also, I would be happy to retrieve journal articles for anyone who wishes they could read something that is not open access, since I have online access to many journals through my university.

I'm looking forward to meeting people here!
--Ashley

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Welcome!

We have a raw feeding section under Health & Nutrition, you should be able to post there now.

·
Banned
19 Posts
welcome, I'm half way to raw feeding my two cats. they get low carb dry days, and raw chicken at night. I hope to learn how other raw feeders manage while
they are away all day while at work.

·
Banned
19 Posts
I just read another thread about timer dishes with mechanical covers on them.
I'd be afraid to try them on my cats because they are so crazy for raw food,
that they'd probably destroy the tray, or sit next to it waiting for it to open.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feed raw to my cats. They get one meal in the AM before work and one meal in the PM after work. Water is left out during the day. If I'm on call and not able to go home at night to feed them - I put raw food in a feeder for the evening meal. I try to put somewhat frozen food in the feeder so it will be fresher but even without that - I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've never considered feeding my cats raw food. I will check out the forum about it. My oldest cat is now on prescription cat food.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts